Tuesday, September 16, 2014

9.15.14 "This is Home"



So many thoughts are going through my head right now. I can't believe this will be my last weekly letter. What an amazing mission! I could never express how much I love my mission and how much I cherish it. It has been one of the hardest, most incredibly stretching, fun, exciting, spirit filled, craziness, heart-breaking experiences of my entire life. And I wouldn't change it for anything:) 

Ok So as for this week
Monday
Monday was such a hard, but incredible day, getting everything worked out to come home early, e-mailing the family and telling them, lots of prayers, lots of tears, but mostly a lot of peace, that would be how I would describe this week, I have just felt completely at peace about everything.
 
Short Hills Ward


Sister Harvey and I's matching outfits 


 Also as I 'Dying' Missionary you tend to go down memory lane, remembering all the crazy and incredible times on your mission.. Oh how I love these people and how I will miss them. I also ended the Day from a call from Sister Taggart just expressing to me how she was thinking of me and that she knew that this was the right decision. We talked and I felt a lot of comfort after talking to her. Then I was able to call Sister Richardson (my trainer), which was AWESOME. She is doing so well. She just talked to me about adjusting to home life and everything. I'm so excited to see her. 


Tuesday
Was districts my last district meeting. In our mission we have a tradition that for all the departing missionaries after there last district meeting we have a "Hot seat' where all the departing missionaries sit in front of the other missionaries in the zone and they can ask us any question about our mission, like, most embarrassing moment, the biggest lesson you've learned etc. and you have to answer honestly and you have to answer. So we had a lot of funny stories told between the 3 of us.



 Then you end with your testimony and advice to the other missionaries. I can't remember what I said but I know that the spirit was there. I love hot seats... I just never thought it would be me sitting in the Hot seat. Then after that we went and said goodbye to one of my investigators Rose, she was very sweet, and sad that I was leaving, she is from Haiti, she will be baptized some day, she wants it, she just has a hard time understanding. But sister Harvey will help get her there. 


Wednesday
Ellis Island! We were scheduled to help out with the family history center and because I missed the departing temple trip and Ellis Island and statue of liberty trip, sister Taggart told us to go have fun on Ellis island after we did our service, so we did:) 






Sister Harvey and I took a lot of pictures and just adventured around. It's been so neat to serve and help people with their family history there, to feel the spirit of those who have come through for a new life. (Probably how I will feel coming home, like coming to a new country...D) 





Thursday
Was my departing Interview with president Taggart, he was so kind and just helpful in helping me think of some goals and plans that I want to accomplish when I get home, just expressed his excitement for me. He is a great mission president; sad I didn't get to know him more but so grateful for his love and council during this time.

Then we went and did some service for Mary, she is so close to being baptized, she just needs to set her mind to it and do it I'm excited to see her progression over the next little bit.



The rest of the week was mostly just packing and teaching. But nothing to exciting to report on.

I remember in Christopher’s final letter he wrote a list of things he was not going to miss, then the things he was going to miss about his mission, so I’m going to do the same

Things I'm not going to miss about Jersey
-CRAZY DRIVERS!
-Weird tasting water
-Jersey roads
-So many people
-Waking up at 6:30
-People smoking everywhere
-Jersey accent
-Standing outside the car to back up a companion
-Following a companion everywhere
-The bug bites
Things I will Miss
-The people!, the Shumans, Luis, Denise, Betty, Kevin, etc. etc. so many people
-Teaching the gospel
-Seeing change in people's lives (front row seat to the coolest story ever)
-Feeling the spirit always
-Having fun with companions
-Testifying of the divinity of Jesus Christ to everyone we see
-Always having a book of Mormon in hand
-Being surrounded by missionaries
-The diversity and all the different cultures
-The trees
-The humidity (yes I'll admit I’ll miss it)
Being a set apart missionary, a Representative of the Lord.
As I've been thinking of going home there is a song by Mumford and sons that says
'You are not alone in this' I know that that is true. I've been so blessed from the influence and lives of family members friends, and members out here, companions etc. but most importantly I know that My savior has been here with me every step of the way and I think that has been the greatest part of my mission, to feel His presence, to see the growth and change and conversion in myself, my conversion to Him. I know that He lives, He loves me in all my weakness' He loves these people of New Jersey, and I now understand why I was sent here. This work is the most amazing and most important thing we could be doing in our lives, to help our brother and sisters to return back home. I know that my mission is not over. I have the chance to serve others, to be Christ like and lift the hands that hang low. I know that Heavenly Father lives, He hears and answers our prayers, He loves us immensely.. I love Him to. I am again thankful for all the prayers and support. I won’t blab on forever but I'll see you on Wednesday:)

Love,




Sister Clark
clear eyes, full heart, can't loose 

Ultimate Frisbee with the district



Harry Potter

Fun at "grandmas"







Swiffer and Soup





No comments:

Post a Comment