Monday, September 8, 2014

9.8.14 "Hot Mess"



The title of my letter basically sums up the whole rest of my week.. I sent a very late e-mail last week but then a lot of things have happened since then. Lots of prayers, tears, more prayers, and peace.. and that peace is what
brings me to today. Where do I even begin?

Things I've learned this week
1. Trust in the Lord
2. Submit to his will, and humble yourself.
3. I am a Daughter of God. He loves me and cares about me.
4. Your body is a temple.

 This week has been full of hard decisions. I've also learned about myself I tend to run when it comes to life choices. Fight of flight I tend to flight! ha-ha jk but serious.

So with my current health situation I've been presented the possibility of going home a transfer early. Being the Sister Clark I am. The thought was unthinkable. Even a bit repulsive. 'I am a missionary, I'm here to do the Lords will and preach his gospel and invite others to come unto Christ'.

That has been my attitude during this illness. Walking through life and the mission with horse blinders of what the Lords will was for me... It wasn't until I started realizing that my actions, and my true grit to do what I love and what I wanted affect others. I slowly but surly took of the blinders and started to be accepting and willing to pray and seek for his will not mine.

 As I prayed I felt and have felt peace about taking care of my body and going home. It has been one of the hardest decisions of my life. One that I do not wish on anyone. But I have been so blessed to feel at peace. And have the support of wonderful leaders, nurses and companions.

This week has been a very emotionally draining but spiritually growing week. Sister Harvey and I have grown closer together as a companionship then ever before. It's amazing how when you’re placed in certain trials with someone you grow so much stronger together.

One of the biggest things I keep learning over and over again is to trust in the Lord and lean not to your own understanding. As I have prayed and prayed and struggled and wrestled with God, when I eventually let go and gave into his will I've finally been able to feel at peace. I'm able to see things from a better perspective and know that this is God's will.

I've also decided, if I'm going to do this I'm going to have the best attitude about it ever! Or at least try:). I think the moment when I really decided that this is what I needed to do, was when sister Harvey and I were talking in our apartment, the spirit was super strong and she just sat on the bed and was trying to help me figure out what to do. She started to cry and tell me how much she loved me and how she just wanted what was best for me. I've realized that my selfish hardheaded desires and actions also affect others as well, like my companion, the area and other things.

The Lord has blessed me with so much peace to know that everything will work out. That he has another plan for me. Also that 'the lord judges us according to the desires of our hearts. I know that he knows I have such a strong desire to serve him and be here and he is not going to with hold any blessings from me because of my Health. I know that God lives, that I am his daughter and that he cares about my eternal progression as well. I have been so blessed to be able to serve him for as long as I have.

I know that with all my heart that this is the Lords work. This gospel is true. It brings so much joy and peace. I KNOW THAT THE POWER OF PRAYER AND FASTING IS REAL. I know that if we are willing to listen, He will give us an answer. If we are not and we are set in our ways. There is no way for him to communicate with us. We must be still and know that he is God. That he knows all. Recognize how he speaks to us then allow yourself to be OK with how he answers and do his will positively.

 That’s what I’ve been trying to do and I know that as my dad says. You can't control the events that occur in our lives but our reaction to them always affects the outcome.

 I'm excited to be able to work hard and serve the best I can for another week. Then The Lord has more for me to do in Utah as well:) thanks for all you do! God is real. Christ Lives. The Church is True.. the Book is blue:)

Love,

Sister Clark

Clear eyes, full heart, can't lose!

Sister Reed and I were banished because we were sick....it's okay we had some great "mother daughter bonding" 


Smoke detector wouldn't stop chirping so Sister Harvey took care of it

The ultimate example of impatience 

Happy sickies

No comments:

Post a Comment